Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's funny how things change on such a huge scale when you change.

When you no longer allow people to walk all over you... Why no, it is absolutely not okay for you to treat me this way any longer. I'm sorry this is a problem for you. Perhaps you can find some else to trample on and bring down.

When you no longer allow a person to lie to you... I'm sorry I just prefer the company of people who are confident enough in their own self to stand behind what they say and do.

When you no longer resort to degrading yourself by participating in shouting, name calling, and fighting... I don't think I'm a better person than you. I just know I am better than the situation you are trying to drag me into.

Becoming a happier, healthier, all around better person takes a lot of work. There are so many people who you will see differently once you see yourself differently. You find out who your true friends are real fast.

So I'm sorry if someone doesn't like this better version of myself. I will continue to be this person and it becomes their own choice on how they live their lives. I will not be sorry for cutting those people out of my life who do not love, respect and encourage the person I am now.




No comments:

Post a Comment