Thursday, June 13, 2013

Today was pretty fantastic! I spent the afternoon with my two favorite guys, and a couple bonus sweeties. I am not even joking when I tell you that the boyfriend has the most adorable little cousins. I am so in love with  the baby I don't even have time to take pictures. I am just too busy loving every minute. Her big brother is such a ham, he keeps everyone entertained.

It is sort of hilarious to see how the boyfriend interacts with the little ones. You can see is somewhat uncomfortable with the whole thing, but he is truly awesome with kids. He'll be an awesome daddy some day.

The best part of this day was the moment we walked into the boyfriends mom's house and I introduced my son to his grandma. My son is at that socially awkward, early teens shy stage where he really doesn't know how to deal with certain situations. When she said hello and pulled him in for a hug I was shocked.Then I heard her tell him that we are family and we hug not shake hands. My heart absolutely melted. To hear her say we were family was awesome. I certainly feel that way. It was a pretty special moment for me.

 I am so glad that the boyfriend spent his day off spending time with his family. They are such wonderful people and I love them to bits. I have never felt so welcomed and loved. God has truly blessed me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment